Men often face such a disease as chronic prostatitis. The disease affects both young and old men.
The prostate is a vulnerable organ that suffers from various urological diseases. Treatment of chronic prostatitis requires the patient to comply with medical recommendations.
Therapeutic methods at home
Despite the fact that chronic prostatitis is a common pathology, it is quite difficult to treat it. First of all, you need to adhere to bed rest for several days. Second, avoid physical activity.
Third, completely give up bad habits, including smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages. After the period of exacerbation has passed, the patient should consider the mode of work and rest.
Simple rules will help in the future to prevent the occurrence of repeated complications:
- Don't be cold. It is impossible to sit on cold ground or on concrete structures even if it is summer outside. Wear light and comfortable clothing that is loose and suitable for the season. To get rid of pathology, it is necessary to harden the body with water in air baths. Walk 1-2 hours a day.
- You can't stand if you really want to go to the bathroom. It is recommended to empty the bladder periodically, every 3-4 hours. Overfilling or long-term retention negatively affects the condition of the prostate.
- When performing sedentary work, a man needs to take a break: every 1-2 hours for 3-5 minutes - walk, warm up. If it is not possible to do this, you should learn to stretch the anus, 40 times in one approach is enough. These exercises should be performed up to 6 times a day.
- Practice physical activity in moderation. This is the main factor that helps prevent the development of pathology. To eliminate congestion in the prostate and pelvic organs, it is enough to do gymnastics every morning, walk moderately. You can go to the dacha every week, for example, pick berries, mushrooms, take weekend walks for 3 hours. Also, go swimming or exercise at home on a treadmill, as well as other similar simulators.
- It is necessary to exclude all factors that can lead to damage to the perineum. Give up equestrian sports, cycling, motocross.
- Have a regular sex life. The most important factor that helps to avoid prostate congestion. It is important to remember that it is impossible to interrupt or delay sexual intercourse. Better to have a permanent partner.
- Fight constipation.
- Alcoholic beverages should stop drinking in chronic prostatitis at the stage of exacerbation. Also, during the period of remission of the disease, a man is recommended to reduce alcohol consumption as much as possible. Especially completely refuse cheap beer and wine.
- Avoid stressful situations, nervous tension, focus on meditation or self-training.
- Periodically visit a urologist, undergo a preventive examination, pass appropriate tests.
These simple precautions will help prevent the development of the chronic form of the disease and its exacerbation, as well as strengthen the body and increase its defenses.
Most often, inflammation of the prostate occurs against the background of various sexually transmitted infections and viruses. The treatment of chronic prostatitis takes place in several stages.
Despite modern diagnostic methods that help to determine the disease in a timely manner, 30% of men cannot completely get rid of pathology. The effectiveness of treatment depends on a well-coordinated relationship between patient and doctor.
Main therapeutic steps:
- Anesthesia. The patient should take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for chronic prostatitis.
- Reduce anxiety. The man is prescribed antidepressants.
- Recovery from the urinary process.
- Application of topical treatment, such as douching.
- Participation in physiotherapy sessions.
- Treatment with targeted antibiotics.
- Surgical intervention in case of urethral stricture or prostate abscess.
To date, the treatment of chronic prostatitis with antibiotics is fully justified. But the patient must complete the full course, which lasts an average of 2 weeks. In most cases, after treatment, the doctor examines the patient, gives his opinion, as a rule, there is a positive trend.
Antibiotics for chronic prostatitis are used because the disease occurs against the background of an infection caused by pathogenic bacteria. Only a qualified doctor can choose an effective drug, taking into account the characteristics of the patient.
Important! During the treatment of chronic prostatitis, a strict regimen and dosage of drugs should be followed.
In medicine, there is no absolute drug that will completely relieve pathology. It is necessary to adhere to complex therapy, as well as certain rules. Because the disease is specific and serious, self-medication can be fatal.
To get rid of inflammation of the prostate of a chronic form, it is necessary to undergo a thorough diagnosis, and then effective treatment, following all the rules and recommendations of the attending physician.
Treatment of chronic prostatitis is successfully carried out by conservative means, but it must be comprehensive. In addition, a man needs to reconsider his way of life.
The development of the disease is affected by an unbalanced diet, sitting position and promiscuous sexual activity. Many of these factors need to be adjusted. But there are other treatment methods that overall help fight chronic prostate inflammation.
It is necessary to change the diet as soon as the first symptoms of the disease appear. The first thing to do is to give up alcohol, because alcohol improves the inflammatory process and pain, irritating the ducts of the gland.
Fatty meats, which can provoke the formation of cholesterol plaques, should be excluded from the menu. It causes circulatory disorders. You can not eat mushrooms, legumes, offal, as well as spicy dishes, tea, coffee, sodas and pastries.
Dietary nutrition should be observed constantly, since the use of harmful foods can provoke a relapse of the disease.
The procedure is performed by hand through the anus. It is not the most pleasant remedy used to treat chronic prostatitis, but massage is very effective.
Thermal procedures improve microcirculation, as well as the absorption of drugs into tissues. Treatment of prostatitis involves the use of ultrasonic heating, irrigation with antibacterial agents through an enema.
Mineral waters are good for treating chronic prostatitis. In resorts, patients are prescribed low-mineralized waters that can be taken orally or in the form of baths.
Treatment for chronic prostatitis is rare, but always involves surgery. There is a risk of complications, moreover, this method may be ineffective.
In addition, the patient will have a long period of rehabilitation. Therefore, the operation is designated as a last resort.
Surgery is indicated if traditional treatment has not yielded positive results. Also, surgical intervention is necessary to eliminate serious complications. It can be an abscess or purulent inflammation of nearby tissues, the presence of stones in the kidneys or bladder.
Treatment for inflammation of the prostate can last for several months. Moreover, even effective therapy does not always help to completely and permanently eliminate the disease.
If a man has been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, he needs to think about the fact that life will change. Otherwise, the treatment will not bring positive results.
To prevent the development of pathology, it is enough to recall useful recommendations, since it is easier to adhere to prevention than to treat prostatitis. You have to protect yourself, move more, have a balanced diet and avoid hypothermia.